Sunday, January 25, 2009

Splitting Hairs...

Split the split! How many times have you been negotiating with someone and you get down to something like $1,000 vs $1,200? The other person would say “ok, why don’t we just split the difference?” That sounds like a good deal, doesn’t it?

To me that is a signal that the other party is beginning to fatigue. I love to wear out the other side and I can keep things going forever if they let me. That drives the price down! Once I hear that I immediately come back to them with “I’ll do the deal right now if you’ll agree to split the split!” Almost naturally they’ll say ok, because they’ve already resolved to lose a little money to finish the deal, so what’s a little more. Well, for you it is $150!

Splitting the split will save you money!

Have a question about negotiating? Send it to us at scott@learnnegotiating.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment